What is Sexually Related Trauma (SRT)?
Sexually Related Trauma is trauma due to sexual abuse/assault, past abortion(s), miscarriage/stillbirth, unwanted pregnancy, and STDs/STIs. SRT Care provides awareness regarding the emotional harm caused by Sexually Related Trauma and provides a path to healing for those affected.
What To Do If You Or Someone You Know Has Been Sexually Assaulted
- Get to a safe place
- Call 911 if you are ready to report; OR
- Go to your local ER to check for injuries and/or collect evidence.
- If you want to have a rape kit done at the ER, do not shower beforehand.
- WISH Medical does not provide sexual assault exams or collect rape kits.
- Call the nearest rape crisis program for crisis intervention, hospital accompaniment, counseling, courtroom advocacy, support groups, information, and/or referrals.
- Tell someone you trust to get support.
- You may be able to file for a civil protection order to keep the offender away from you. (See https://www.womenslaw.org/laws/general/restraining-orders)
- If you’re a student, you may be able to file a complaint with your school.
- Hotline: 1-800-656-4673
Support at WISH Medical:
- Sexual abuse and sexual assault are never easy. Not only are you affected physically, but you are impacted mentally and emotionally. We offer one-on-one and group support for survivors. WISH is here for you.
- To schedule, call us at 208-892-9474.
- 1 in 4 women have experienced an abortion. Each of those women and each of their partners had a different experience with abortion. Each of their experiences has led to a wide range of emotions. If you have experienced an abortion and want to process that, we offer post-abortion support. We are here for you.
- To schedule for post-abortion support, call us at 208-892-9474 or schedule online.
- Seeing that positive pregnancy result can be overwhelming. People often experience the whole spectrum of emotions. Questions fill your head. Uncertainty comes in full force. And then for some, that pregnancy is unwanted. This adds another level of emotions and questions. At WISH Medical, we will walk alongside you in this process. We have trained advocates who will listen and offer resources. The advocates can go through all of the options with you and offer some calm to your potential storm. We are here for you.
- To schedule a pregnancy test appointment, call us at 208-892-9474 or schedule online.
- Experiencing the loss of your child at any stage can be heartbreaking. Oftentimes, this experience makes people feel alone and isolated. WISH Medical wants you to have the support you need and deserve. If you have experienced a miscarriage or stillbirth, know that you are not alone. WISH is here for you.
- To schedule for pregnancy loss support, call us at 208-892-9474 or schedule online.
- Talking about STIs/STDs has become more and more normal. However, if you are the one that was just diagnosed with a sexually transmitted infection or disease, it can feel traumatic. At WISH Medical, our trained advocates can process with you and help you make a plan for a healthy future. You don’t have to go through this alone. We are here for you.
- To schedule for STI testing, call us at 208-892-9474 or schedule online.