You may be wondering why an ultrasound is even necessary. After all, isn’t a positive pregnancy test the only detail you need? Actually, it isn’t. There’s much more to know, and only ultrasound can give you that information.
Why You Need An Ultrasound
There are three fundamental questions that only an ultrasound can answer.
- Is your pregnancy viable? If possibly one in three pregnancies ends in a miscarriage, you’ll need an ultrasound to determine if yours is viable. A viable or growing pregnancy means you haven’t miscarried.
- How far along is your pregnancy? The date you became pregnant determines your due date and your pregnancy options. Only an ultrasound can accurately determine gestational age.
- Where is the pregnancy located? Some pregnancies form outside of the uterus. This is known as an ectopic pregnancy. They are extremely dangerous and could be fatal.
Making An Informed Decision
Making a confident decision about your pregnancy includes being informed. You need:
- Confirmed clinical pregnancy testing
- A limited obstetrical ultrasound
- Gestational age determination
- Complete pregnancy options education
Let Us Help You
You have options, but to know which one is right, you’ve got to learn about the pros and cons of each. You can receive free peer advocacy and educational support.
We recognize every individual is different and has different needs. Set up a free appointment to talk with us. We want to listen to your concerns and show you what options are available.